Cool Ideas for Summer Date Nights
July is right in the middle of the summer months. There’s a reason the saying, “Hotter than July”, is actually a thing. Across the country, it’s hotter and more humid than it is any other month of the year. Consequently, it may be difficult for couples to find date-night activities that are fun, creative, and … most importantly … that will considerably lower the temperature.
We have some ideas for you and your date-night partner that are guaranteed to keep you cool with a sweet payoff, turning hot and sticky July evenings into Summer Nights of Joy. Below are five great ideas for fun and entertaining date nights that will keep everyone significantly cooler. (Actually, we are only providing four ideas for you and one for your dog because your fur-covered canine pal is probably even more uncomfortable than you are.)
- Joy Ice Cream Sandwich – We may remember the Earl of Sandwich for his culinary invention, but you’ll achieve the even greater status of being considered the King or Queen of the Ice Cream Sandwich … at least as far as your partner is concerned … when you make this tasty, homemade treat. Uses Joy Waffle Cones or Joy Chocolate Waffle Cones.
- Mini Cherry-Cheesecake Bites – Joy’s Mini Cherry Cheesecake Bites use Joy Mini Cups as a deliciously edible, go-anywhere holder for cheesecake topped with cherries. Plus, if you think the graham cracker crust should be part of the whole cheesecake experience, Joy hooks you up there, too, by using graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream as a garnish. Uses Joy Mini Cups.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sundaes – If you love peanut butter and jelly and you love deliciously sweet and crunchy Joy Waffle Bowls — and who doesn’t? — then you’ll love our latest amazing culinary combo: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sundaes. Uses Joy Waffle Bowls.
- Cannoli Dip With Joy Cone Chips – Mama Mia! If you’re looking for a spectacular mid-summer treat, you can’t do better than our Cannoli Dip With Joy Cone Chips. So good, you can have it two ways: you can use waffle cone pieces and use it as a dip, or fill a sugar cone with it so it’s closer to a real cannoli. Uses Joy Waffle Cones or Joy Sugar Cones.
- The Joy Canine Cone – Unfortunately, dogs shouldn’t eat human food on a regular basis, and because there are many foods that dogs should never eat, you may be wondering what you can make that will honor your canine pal and will also be a healthy snack you’ll both love. Joy Cone has a treat that can be served often throughout the summer. It’s healthful, delicious, and will keep your dog’s tail waggin’ until autumn arrives*. Uses Joy Jumbo Cups, Joy Cake Cups or Joy Mini Cups. *Consult with your veterinarian before feeding to ensure your pet has no pre-existing health issues. Some dogs are lactose intolerant and should not consume yogurt.