With warmer weather approaching, we’re gearing up to share the Joy with our furry, four-legged friends who, like us, love icy treats when the weather heats up.
While some pups go gaga over plain old ice cubes, others prefer the sweetness of ice cream and whipped cream, and many delight in the satisfying crunch of a cone. With these pumpkin banana puppy cones, your pet can get all of that rolled into one treat.
Plus, with a pumpkin base, the mixture is not only hypoallergenic, but extremely healthy for your dog. Pumpkin is packed with fiber to aid in digestion for both dogs and cats, and can also help ease an upset stomach. Just be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugar and other ingredients.
Bananas, while high in potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, are healthy for your dog but should be considered a treat and not be incorporated into your pup’s everyday diet. As with any special treat, enjoy in moderation (stick to one occasional puppy cone), and enjoy!
1. Add the banana and pumpkin puree to your blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
2. Combine the yogurt and mashed banana/pumpkin mix in a large bowl.
3. Add the honey and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Secure Joy Sugar Cones upright (we suggest tucking the cones inside small drinking glasses) and pour filling to top of cone.
5. Place cones in freezer and freeze overnight or for at least four hours.
Once the mixture in your puppy cones sets, you’re ready to go! Treat your pet even more by topping it off with a dollop of whipped cream, some peanut butter, a little dog treat, or banana slices. You can wrap the uneaten puppy cones in wax paper and keep them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for your next treat time.