Job Title: Maintenance Manager
This position is located in Flagstaff, AZ. No remote work is available. Please do not apply if you are not in the area or able to commute.
• This position is responsible for managing the repair and maintenance of all Production Equipment. Scope of responsibilities includes managing the Preventative Maintenance Program, trouble-shooting downtime and inefficiencies, and managing a staff of roughly 12 shift mechanics/3 specialists/1 MRO buyer.
• Assist in creating and implementing a yearly capital expenditure budget for Cake, Sugar, and Jacket Wrapping Production and Production Maintenance departments
• Assist in developing and maintaining yearly Production Maintenance department operating budget including labor, equipment, parts, and department staffing needs
• Facilitate equipment modifications as needed to satisfy production and packaging needs within Cake and Sugar Cone Production.
• Oversee training of all Production Maintenance Technicians within department and continuously review Maintenance Technician classification qualifications with revisions as necessary
• Create/maintain/modify all production equipment Preventative Maintenance Programs
• Maintain/update plant-wide electrical safety programs including Lock Out/Tag Out and Arc Flash Protection based on OSHA and NFPA70E standards
• Participate in post-accident assessments and crisis management scenarios
• Maintain and store all equipment records including startups/repairs/modifications
• Schedule all Maintenance labor and work assignments during normal production
• Schedule all Maintenance labor and work assignments during plant shutdown periods, including coordinating required work within other departments in company
• Coordinate/plan all efforts within MRO purchasing and inventory control
• Coordinate/plan with plant production scheduling department on needed equipment/line shutdowns to perform required preventative maintenance
• Coordinate/plan with IT Department in implementation of EAM/CMMS software within the department
• Utilize education, skills and experience to collect data, define problems, analyze criteria and solutions and make decisions for the collective goal of making company processes safer, more efficient and profitable
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
• Review technical drawings
• Read, analyze and follow directions
• Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in and effectively lead team/department meetings and initiatives
• Apply formulas and mathematical concepts and to use them in product and process development
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Perform assigned work duties independently with minimal supervision
• Apply electro-mechanical aptitude and strong multi-tasking ability to necessary tasks
• Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences.
• This position involves periodic bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting.
• Must have full use of arms and legs to climb stairs and ladders to access all areas of the plant and offices
• Push or pull with up to 50 lbs. of force on an occasional basis
• Able to stand on and/or walk up to10 hours per day
• Must be able to detect audible tones and alarms
• Must be available to travel occasionally
• BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
• A minimum of 3 years of management experience in a related field is required.
• Proficient with the following software: Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project)
• Experience with PLC Control Systems is preferred.
• Experience with EAM/CMMS Software is preferred.
• Autocad/Solidworks experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work both in a team and independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Demonstrated history of problem solving for continuous improvement and timely project completion
Complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online. A resume is required for this role.
Location: Flagstaff, AZ