Junior Production Assistant
Job Title: Junior Production Assistant
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Flagstaff, AZ. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
The Junior Production Assistant reports directly to the Shift Supervisor and is responsible for the operation of an assigned production area or production line to the highest standards of safety, quality, and productivity. Mastery of company policies and procedures is essential to success in this position in order to monitor and report violations of the same.
- Operate production lines, including making adjustments to ovens and packaging equipment as necessary to maintain product quality
- Perform and record checks for product quality, product coding, proper machine operation, and correct packing procedures
- Start-up and shut-down ovens, and change packs per the production schedule.
- Perform minor lubrication of machines
- Answer trouble calls in a timely manner and respond appropriately
- Clean batter screens, pumps, pans, and other items as necessary
- Maintain organization and general housekeeping of assigned area
- Identify and accurately report defective materials
- Identify and report safety concerns
- Enforce GMP policy
- Fill and maintain color cabinets
- Performs related duties as required by supervisor
- Able to read, understand, and strictly follow written procedures for multiple controlled processes
- Must be able to speak, listen and effectively communicate with team members
- Follow direction and perform assigned work duties independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to operate and troubleshooting of production equipment
- Candidate must have the ability to regularly climb stairs and access all areas of the office and plant with frequent standing and walking for work processes.
- Able to stand on and/or walk up to 12.5 hours per day
- This position involves periodic bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to safely operate fork-lift equipment
- Good understanding of and strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Policies (GMP)
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, including expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Must complete first responder training
- Completion of all Level 3 packing requirements preferred
- Must have demonstrated proactive attitude toward problem solving
- Must have demonstrated a good work record and attendance
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Flagstaff, AZ