Job Title: Controls Technician
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
The Controls Technician will install, maintain, and repair control systems and equipment at Joy Baking Group.
- Install and set up control systems, including programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human-machine interfaces (HMIs), sensors, and other automation equipment
- Develop and implement software programs for control systems
- Install and setup of AC/DC drivers and motors
- Troubleshoot and program Allen Bradley, Flex and SEW VFD’s
- Write code to control the operation of machinery and processes
- Diagnose and resolve issues with control systems
- Identify faults and implement solutions to ensure optimal performance
- Conduct routine maintenance to prevent malfunctions and downtime
- Calibrate sensors, controllers, and other equipment to ensure accuracy
- Maintain accurate records of system configurations, modifications, and maintenance activities
- Provide onsite/offsite assistance with programming, start-up and commissioning of equipment, and validation of processes related to controls
- Collaborate with suppliers and contractors on a technical level
- Collaborate with Controls Engineer for all control systems
- Must be highly motivated, able to follow direction, and perform assigned work duties independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to speak, listen, and effectively communicate with team members both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to stay up to date with industry advancements in controls and programming
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring diagrams
- Ability to use tools and materials including wire cutters, wire strippers, multimeters, and wire testers
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze / interpret technical information, mathematical concepts, and form conclusions
- Able to read, understand, and strictly follow written procedures for multiple controlled processes
- Must be able to stand on feet and/or walk up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, and lift up to 50lbs
- Able to kneel or squat on an occasional basis and climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, including expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of safety circuits and safety control logic is required
- Knowledge of industrial control panel wiring and assembly is required
- Knowledge of collaborative robots and vision systems programming and set up is a plus
- Familiar with NFPA 79 and UL 508A Machinery and Control Standard is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA