Warehouse Material Handler
Job Title: Warehouse Material Handler
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently supplying the plant with packaging and raw materials, removing finished goods and placing them in stock, and loading and unloading trucks.
- Supply plant with packaging and new raw materials, remove finished goods and place in stock
- Load and unload trucks
- Stack of pallets in various types of racking in neat and proficient manner
- Remove finished goods from production and place into storage
- Receive inbound shipments
- Perform inventory counts
- General housekeeping of the warehouse
- Able to safely operate a forklift truck in congested areas
- Perform transactions on computer with high level of accuracy
- Must be able to professionally interact with various departments, customers, and carriers
- Must be able to perform inventory tasks such as cycle counting and stock rotation with a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to learn operation and troubleshooting of robotic palletizers
- Must be able to speak, listen, and effectively communicate with team members verbally and in writing
- Must have ability to work under time pressure and prioritize several tasks during a work shift
- Must be able to work well with numbers, keeping orderly, detailed, and accurate records
- Must have full use of arms and legs and be able to access all areas of the plant
- Must be able to lift, carry, and stack 20-50 pound boxes repeatedly during the shift
Push or pull up to 100 lbs. at times during the shift
- Involves repetitive motion of hands and arms for extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods and climbs stairs and ladders periodically
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license with no infractions
- Must possess (or be able to develop) a high degree of forklift operation skills
- Must be trainable to operate tractors and move trailers around yard and into truck bays
- Must have basic computer operation skills
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Must have a good employment and attendance record
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA