Sanitation Technician- Cookie Department
Job Title: Sanitation Technician- Cookie Department
Hours/Shift: Full Time- Night Shift
Pay Rate: Base Rate of $17.00 / Hour
Under the direction of the Hermitage Cookie & Wafer Facility Sanitation Supervisor, this ancillary position will be responsible for cleaning and sanitation throughout the facility in accordance with the Master Sanitation Schedule. Cleaning tasks on the Master Sanitation Schedule are performed at a defined frequency to ensure the facility is well-maintained and food safety standards are upheld to produce & store a safe, quality product. While cleaning and sanitation of production equipment is primarily conducted by the Production Operators, this position will provide support by helping to coach new and experienced employees in proper cleaning & sanitation practices, as well as aiding in the post-cleaning inspection of the production equipment. Both class room/3rd party & on-the-job training will be provided to support the success of the technician.
• Good attendance (as defined by attendance policy)
• Lift up, push, or pull to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (Any lifting of over 50 lbs. requires a team lift)
• Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
• Clean in various areas of the plant which will include walls, overheads, floors, etc.
• Follow proper handling procedures for cleaning and other chemicals required for the position.
• Follow proper procedures for cleaning of biohazard spills/accidents.
• Operate cleaning equipment including floor scrubbers, steamers, industrial vacuums and floor vacuums.
• Operate fork-lift equipment and scissor lifts.
• Perform related duties as required by supervisor.
• Must be flexible with work schedule in regards to the production schedule.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision while be able to properly prioritize work responsibilities within assigned work area.
• Must be detail oriented and able to perform tasks per procedures without variation.
• Carry out and enforce Joy Cone’s GMP and Safety Policies.
• Ensure a clean and safe work area. Responsible for safety policies and programs adherence.
• Operate within standard operating procedures and job safety.
• Responsible for keeping the chemical room clean and orderly, while keeping inventory counts.
• Perform PM and deep cleaning of floor scrubbers and chemical applicating equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform inventory counts on chemicals, cleaning supplies, and PPE.
• Identify areas that need attention and either address or report as necessary.
• Help the sanitation supervisor in maintaining the Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Perform, assist, oversee, and inspect the cleaning of production equipment.
• Able to locate, review, and update SSOP’s
• Communicate with various personnel, including other Team Leaders, Quality Department, Assistant Plant Manager, and Plant Manager.
• Required to understand and abide by & enforce all procedures pertaining to allergen control
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, analyze and follow directions.
• Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members.
• Must be able to work in a scissor lift at elevated heights occasionally
Location: Hermitage, PA