Job Title: Sanitation Supervisor
Coordinate with production supervisors and operators to ensure proper sanitation of the plant and equipment. In accordance with SQF, FSMA, and customer requirements, maintain & enhance the Master Sanitation Schedule, complete and document all sanitation of equipment, lines, and building components to ensure production of safe, quality food, and compose SSOPs in accordance with GMPs, sanitation principles, and appropriate application of chemicals and cleaning/sanitation processes.
- Good attendance (as defined by attendance policy)
- Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
- Use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Stand and walk on a continuous basis and climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Possess manual dexterity
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day
- Coordinate with production scheduler for production equipment & facility cleaning.
- Supervise & coach operators in proper sanitation procedures to ensure sanitary requirements are completed & upheld.
- Evaluate procedures, cleaning processes, and CIP systems to ensure they are compliant and execution of cleaning is verified.
- Work with QA to develop SSOPs & monitoring activities related to cleaning and sanitation.
- Work with QA to direct corrective actions & investigations pertaining to Environmental Monitoring Program results.
- Monitor environmental pathogen test results to develop trends and map results throughout facility.
- Support policies, procedures, HACCP standards, and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Conduct internal plant audits with a high level of attention to detail.
- Participate and assist in 3rd party audits, including audit preparation and continual maintenance of sanitation policies, procedures, and related documentation.
- Maintain, update and revise Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Inspect and approve completion of all sanitation activities.
- Support the “safety first” culture with regard to personnel safety and food safety.
- Work with management, purchasing, and vendors to evaluate and approve appropriate cleaning and sanitation chemicals for use within the facility.
- Maintain proper storage & inventory of cleaning & sanitation chemicals & monitor concentrations in accordance with company and SQF requirements.
- Apply a full understanding of allergen control, identity preserved food control, dedication of equipment / personnel, and separation of functions between lines/raw and RTE zones to maintain production of a safe food. Enforce these requirements as needed.
- Employee must be able to convey thoughts in writing to compose policies and procedures pertaining to cleaning and sanitation.
- Dive continuous improvements from employee’s ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW & APPROVAL OF WORK:
- Under the direction of the Cookie Plant Manager, activities are assigned and conducted according to company policies and procedures.
Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills required. Must understand and have full knowledge of production process and floor equipment. Employee needs to possess strong communication skills. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Completion or ability to complete advanced sanitation training. Three plus years in sanitation supervisory role preferred.
Excellent benefits package. EOE.
Applicants must submit a resume and paper application by mail or in person at our facility. Applications are available at the facility at 3435 Lamor Rd., Hermitage, PA 16148 or online at www.joycone.com/careers.
Location: Hermitage, PA