Quality Team Leader
Job Title: Quality Team Leader
This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
The Quality Assurance Team Leader will support the facility in overseeing and monitoring the inspection and/or testing of incoming materials and finished goods throughout each step of the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to established quality and food safety standards. This position will work closely with Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Procurement, and Sanitation departments to accomplish this and will supervise and provide direction and support to the Quality Technicians on shift. Commitment to gain a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and supporting their application is essential.
- Able to perform all functions of the Quality Technician position and maintain proficiency to fill in as a Quality Technician as needed on any shift. Quality Technician job description on file
- Direct Quality Technicians on shift and provide floor support as needed
- Complete COAs for all outgoing shipments by reviewing product data, working with warehouse personnel, and providing COAs to customers
- Verify all incoming COAs and associated receiving paperwork for compliance to supplier and internal specifications. Communicate deviations to applicable personnel as needed
- Responsible for microbiological testing and laboratory operations: oversee sample collection; prepare product samples & conduct microbiological testing, evaluate results, assist with corrective actions and resolutions, and communicate findings to management; instrument / equipment maintenance; materials inventory & ordering; laboratory records maintenance
- Perform environmental monitoring, air monitoring, and water quality testing for the facility and maintain records
- Conduct non-conformance investigations and complete CAPA reports, including, but not limited to: Product Contamination Reports, Quality Problem Reports, and Non-Conforming Item Control Forms.
- Conduct internal inspections per the scheduled frequency, document findings, and update CAPA Log: Food Security Challenge, Glass and Brittle Plastic Inspection, GMP (including production, grounds, building, ancillary areas, etc.), Identity Preserved Foods Inspection, Hand Integrity & Hand wash inspection.
- Conduct or send out ingredients, packing material and/or finished product for analytical and/or microbiological testing (i.e., oil quality testing) to 3rd party laboratory, as per scheduled frequency
- Perform pre-operational and in-operational inspections including testing with ATP and Allergen swabs ensuring compliance to respective policies
- Maintain Net Content Lot Reports and Tare Variability reports.
- Conduct case audits as directed, document results and communicate findings to applicable personnel
- Perform Production Personnel CCP & CQP verification
- Train quality technicians in SOPs and ensure training effectiveness
- Ensure adherence to Good Manufacturing Policies by employees & visitors in production & warehouse areas
- Review and verify Quality Technicians’ & Production’s food safety and quality checks / documentation to ensure compliance with established policies & procedures and as QA final acceptance
- Fulfill the role as a member of the Internal Audit Team by completing internal audits, ensuring adherence to company, customer, SQF and regulatory regulations
- Assist the warehouse with conducting trailer inspections as requested
- Inspect and/or coordinate the inspection of returned products and complete applicable documentation
- Work with sanitation to ensure that the facility is maintained in a satisfactory manner, document non-conformances and communicate with applicable departments
- Assist with R&D projects as required
- Provide guidance for facility personnel on food safety and quality issues to maintain material and finished product standards
- Communicate food safety and quality-related concerns with Quality department management
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent with a preference for experience in the quality assurance/control role
- Knowledgeable in food manufacturing principles and operations with regard to food safety and quality requirements
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, FSMA, SQF, Food security, Food fraud, and other essential food safety programs
- Laboratory experience, including fundamental laboratory techniques, in sample collection and microbiological analysis
- Exceptional people skills and ability to work with personnel in a variety of disciplines
- Excellent communication skills to listen and speak effectively with team members and actively participate in team meetings
- Leadership experience in supervising personnel preferred, as well as ability to follow direction and work independently
- Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks and to work under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Able to analyze / interpret technical information, mathematical concepts, and form conclusions
- Computer proficient in MS office and experience with SPC software
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (any lifting of over 50 lbs. requires a team lift)
- Push or pull with up to 50 lbs. of force on an occasional basis
- Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
- Use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
- Possess manual dexterity
Select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA