Quality Control Technician
Job Title: Quality Control Technician
POSITION: Quality Control Technician
HRS/SHIFT: Full Time/ Variable Shift
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for daily quality checks in a multitude of areas, including processes, documentation, and product inspection. This position provides support to production, warehouse, sanitation, purchasing, and maintenance, and involves clerical, analytical, and organizational skills. Attention to detail and ability to use measuring equipment required.
- Conduct daily Food Safety & Quality Review/In-Process Checks and report issues to Supervisor.
- Review Production’s Quality & Food Safety documentation to ensure documents are complete, accurate, and legible as well as review for any pertinent issues warranting further investigation.
- Conduct Physical Product Testing (internal & customer) including but not limited to cone/cup/bowl weight, color, strength, diameter, length, overwrap, etc.
- Complete Product Sensory & Shelf Life Testing as scheduled including case audits, customer samples.
- Provide Production Line/Machine Support.
- Investigate Quality and Food Safety Issues based on in-process checks, case audits, or requests by production, quality, or management.
- Conduct label reviews to ensure compliance to customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
- Stays informed of what products are running/changeovers and ensures correct packaging materials/labels are being used at all times.
- Investigate and report on Product, Packaging Material and Ingredient Holds.
- Perform post cleaning and pre-operational evaluations to ensure sanitary standards are met.
- Conduct allergen verification testing and compliance to policies.
- Review traceability documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain quality spreadsheets, data entry and records.
- Assist with Raw Material & Finished Product Retention Program
- Complete analytical testing as defined by Supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to Good Manufacturing Policies (GMPs) by employees & visitors in production and warehouse areas.
- Conduct facility and grounds inspections to ensure compliance to regulatory agencies, SQF Code, and Joy’s internal requirements.
- Assist with calibration verification program (verify scales, calipers, etc.).
- Ensure that microbiological samples are pulled each production shift.
- Perform microbiological testing including SPC, Coliforms, Yeast and Mold.
- Reviews and tracks all daily micro results for compliance to specification.
- Coach all new and current employees on quality and food safety practices and issues.
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Identify and accurately report defective materials, food safety hazards, and potential product contaminants.
- Required to adhere to Good Manufacturing Policies (GMP) and abide by all procedures pertaining to allergen control.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with special food safety and quality related tasks as they occur.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate level or above with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Bio-security and other food safety programs required.
- Experience in Quality Assurance preferred.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated good work habits and attendance.
- Knowledge/experience with SPC systems beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze and follow directions.
- Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in meetings.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Push or pull with up to 30 lbs. of force on an occasional basis
- Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
- Use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
- Possess manual dexterity
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day
Select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA