Production Safety Intern
Job Title: Production Safety Intern
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
The Production Safety Intern supports safety initiatives within a production environment.
- Conduct routine safety inspections to identify potential hazards in the production area
- Assist in the development and delivery of safety training programs to production staff
- Participate in safety meetings, providing input and feedback to improve safety protocols
- Support the investigations of accidents or incidents, identifying root causes and recommending preventative measures
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing the use of appropriate PPE by production workers
- Assist in reviewing and updating lock out/ tag out procedures
- Conduct lock out/tag out observations for authorized employees
- Must have strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent attendance required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Must be able to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to read, analyze and follow directions
- Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in team meetings
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal departments
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion
- Able to operate fork-lift/lift equipment
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
- Possess manual dexterity & use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to work in a scissor lift at elevated heights occasionally
- Currently enrolled in a relevant degree program
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices is required
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA