Job Title: Production Planner
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
This employee will manage various production scheduling responsibilities for Joy Baking Group, while balancing customer demand forecast, capacity constraints, material availability, and days on hand targets. This position will work closely with the Procurement, Sales, Production, and Warehouse departments.
- Planning and scheduling all jacket production for Hermitage Cone facilities
- Collaborate with the Procurement department to ensure sufficient supply of all materials necessary for jacket production
- Collaborate with Sales to ensure that the jacket wrapping schedule meets customer demand
- Provide support as well as PTO coverage to Production Planners at the Hermitage and Flagstaff Cone facilities
- Identify and develop improvements to current production planning and scheduling processes
- Ensure compliance with GFSI and other protocols within areas of responsibility
- Maintain a working knowledge of food industry quality assurance standards
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- Strong ability to effectively analyze and present complex information
- Must be able to speak, listen and effectively communicate with team members and actively participate in/lead team/department meetings and initiatives
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors and coworkers while promoting company initiatives and values
- Position is essentially sedentary but
- Periodic travel is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior experience scheduling in a manufacturing/food manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong command of Excel
- ERP experience is preferred but not required
- APICS CPIM Certification a plus
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA