Job Title: Production Assistant
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager and in conjunction with the Team Leader, the Production Assistant helps to lead the shift in accordance with plant & company policies and procedures. The position requires a thorough understanding of all production and sanitation procedures, quality and food safety policies, and a comprehensive knowledge of all production positions within the plant. In the absence of the Team Leader, this position must be able to independently lead the team for all production lines and processes within the facility. This position also works closely with maintenance, quality, sanitation, and other production personnel to troubleshoot problems while maintaining the efficient production of a safe, quality food.
- Provide support to the production floor and act in a leadership capacity through a demonstrated knowledge/proficiency of all associated positions
- Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in team meetings.
- Coach new and current employees on company policies and standard operating procedures
- Enforce Joy Cone’s GMP and Safety Policies
- Conduct production, sanitation, and quality checks per procedure, report deviations to management as they occur, and take appropriate corrective action
- Prioritize work responsibilities within assigned work area
- Must be willing to attend safety, food safety, sanitation, and/or leadership trainings as offered/assigned by supervisor
- Infrequent travel may be necessary on a limited basis
- Understand and abide by all procedures pertaining to allergen control
- Identify and accurately report defective materials, food safety hazards, and potential product contaminants
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to analyze / interpret technical information, mathematical concepts, and form conclusions
- Adhere to all food safety & quality protocol
- Must have the ability to work with high degree of attention to detail, timeliness, and confidentiality
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Policies (GMPs)
- Adhere to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Possess manual dexterity & use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on an occasional/frequent basis
- Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 13 hours per day
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and squat
- Must be able to work in a scissor lift at elevated heights occasionally
- Must be able to follow direction and perform assigned work duties independently with minimal supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the following computer software: Microsoft Office, AS400, Kronos
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA