Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
- Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
- This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
This employee is responsible for purchase order administration and packaging operations support for the Joy Baking Group Procurement and Planning Department.
- Purchase order administration, including on-hand tracking and analysis, creation/revision of purchase orders, communication and tracking of purchase orders with vendor including coordination of inbound loads with vendor & internal traffic, through purchase order closure
- Provide support in vendor invoice discrepancy resolution
- Seek to improve all aspects of purchase order administration by reviewing current methodology and processes, plan and implement optimization projects to improve process
- Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- Support Procurement staff and develop additional skills within the department through cross training and short-term coverage of staff roles
- Support artwork change requests with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Expedite supply resolution with vendor as needed
- Communicate, track and provide procurement liaison support with vendor non-conformances
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- Assist in promoting a positive image and inter-business relationship with business partners and vendors
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
- Strong ability to effectively analyze and present complex information
- Must be able to speak, listen and effectively communicate with team members and actively participate in team/department meetings and initiatives
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Involves extensive computer systems/software operation and regular use of office equipment
- Position is essentially sedentary but must have ability to regularly climb stairs and access all areas of the office and plant
- Periodic travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or a related field of study or equivalent, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience purchasing in a manufacturing/food manufacturing setting preferred (analytics, experience with large data sets, MS office (excel)
- ERP experience is not necessary though strongly preferred
- Exceptional people, verbal and written skills, ability to work with personnel in a variety of disciplines
Internal Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to your local facility HR manager.
External Applicants select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA