Baking Plant Operator
Job Title: Baking Plant Operator
We are currently hiring Full Time Operators for second shift. Hours will be 6:45pm-7:00am.
Team members of the facility start in a designated position at hire and then are cross-trained throughout the facility to become competent in various operator positions. Responsibilities shared among positions include:
- Overseeing, operating, and adjusting equipment in area of responsibility
- Operating within standard operating procedures and job safety requirements
- Performing product quality checks throughout the manufacturing process to ensure product is produced within defined specifications
- Monitor product quality to ensure unacceptable product is not packaged
- Performing cleaning and sanitation of all production equipment
- Completing set-up, tear-down, and changeover of equipment when needed
- Completing accurate production records for quality and food safety attributes
- Assisting other positions as needed
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day
- English comprehension skills
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Ability to assist maintenance in maintaining mechanical operation of equipment
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb or squat on a frequent basis
- Ability to use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on an occasional basis
- Manual dexterity
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
The beginning operator pay rate is $19.95 per hour with opportunity for advancements dependent on training and experience with a top pay of $25.59.
Joy Cone Co. Cookie plant offers a set schedule, 401K with generous employer match, Paid Time Off, medical, vision, dental, LTD, and life insurance, as well as the benefits of being an ESOP company. EOE
Pre-employment physical and drug screen are required.
Select “get application” below for a printable application form or complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA