Job Title: Material Coordinator
Title/Position: Material Coordinator
Full Time position. Pay rate to commensurate with experience.
- In coordination with the Production Planner and Procurement Department, you would be responsible for managing the efficient flow of materials and production supplies for the Hermitage Cone manufacturing facility. This position will manage the inventory of materials necessary to satisfy customer demand forecast and ensure that material inventory levels are sufficient to meet production requirements. This position will work closely with the Procurement, Traffic, Production, and Warehouse departments.
- Work with Procurement and Traffic to ensure that packaging and raw materials are on hand to support the production plan.
- Review customer forecasts and production schedules to define material requirements.
- Work with Sales to ensure that the production schedule meets the customers demand forecast and communicate any difficulties in meeting requested order dates. This may include analyzing projected sales vs. actual sales and communicating any inconsistencies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of food industry quality assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with GFSI, Organic, Gluten Free, and other protocols within areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Warehouse to coordinate cycle counts and to verify accuracy of on hand inventories.
- Identify and develop improvements to our Production Planning/Scheduling process.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Must be willing to attend seminars, training sessions, and other educational opportunities, both local and ones that require travel.
- Must work with the Production Planner to learn all aspects of the scheduling process and be able to assume scheduling responsibilities as required.
ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW & APPROVAL OF WORK:
- Under the direction of the Manager Capacity/Production Planning, activities are assigned and conducted according to company policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong command of Excel required.
- Experience with AS400 and Infor XA ERP systems or comparable system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally with employees and co-workers.
- Strong ability to effectively analyze complex information.
- Must have demonstrated good work habits and attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a related field of study or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior experience scheduling in a manufacturing/food manufacturing setting preferred.
- APICS CPIM a plus.
Please submit resume and JCC application to Attn: Material Coordinator, 3435 Lamor Rd., Hermitage, PA.
Location: Hermitage, PA