Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
This position will be responsible for managing the repair and maintenance of all Production Equipment. Scope of responsibilities include managing the Preventative Maintenance Program, trouble shooting downtime and inefficiencies, and managing a department that includes roughly 20 shift mechanics, 4 specialists and 1 MRO Buyer.
- Must be able to review drawings.
- Ability to read, analyze and follow directions.
- Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in team meetings.
- Ability to apply formulas and mathematical concepts and to use them in product and process development.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion.
- Must be able to perform assigned work duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good Electro-Mechanical aptitude and have strong multi-tasking ability.
- This position involves bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting.
- Must be able to have full use of arms and legs to climb stairs and ladders to access all areas of the plant and offices.
- Push or pull with up to 50 lbs. of force on an occasional basis.
- Required to stand on their feet and/or walk 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to detect audible tones and alarms.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Creating and implementing a yearly Capital Expenditure Budget for Cake, Sugar, and Jacket Wrapping Production and Production Maintenance Departments.
- Developing and maintaining yearly Production Maintenance Department Operating Budget including labor and equipment parts. Operating Budget includes manpower needs within the department.
- Equipment modifications as needed to satisfy production and packaging needs within Cake and Sugar Cone Production.
- Training of all Production Maintenance Technicians within department and continued development of Maintenance Technician classification qualifications.
- Creating/maintaining/modifying all production equipment Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Maintaining/updating plant wide electrical safety program including Lock Out/Tag Out, and Arc Flash Protection based on OSHA and NFPA70E standards.
- Participate in Accident Assessments.
- Maintaining and storing of all equipment records including startups/repairs/modifications.
- Scheduling all Maintenance labor and work assignments during normal production.
- Scheduling all Maintenance labor and work assignments during plant shutdown periods. This includes coordinating required work within other departments in company.
- Coordinate/plan all efforts within MRO purchasing and inventory control.
- Coordinate/plan with plant production scheduling department needed equipment/line shutdowns to perform required preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate/plan with IT Department in implementation of EAM/CMMS software within the department.
- Utilize your education, skills and experience to collect data, define problems, analyze criteria and solutions and make decisions for the collective goal of making our processes safer, more efficient and profitable.
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Proficient with the following software: Microsoft office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project), and Autocad/Solidworks.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team and independently.
- Possess a sense of urgency and drive to complete projects on time.
- A desire to learn the Joy culture, utilize our strengths and assist in defining areas for improvements.
- Experience with PLC Control Systems is preferred.
- Experience with EAM/CMMS Software is preferred.
Joy Cone Co., a food manufacturer, is now accepting applications for a IT Support Specialist position. Hire wage rate to be determined based upon qualifications and experience. Dayturn – full time. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, 401(k), ESOP. Submit resume and JCC application. A printable application can be obtained at www.joycone.com/careers or at Joy Cone reception, 3435 Lamor Rd., Hermitage, PA. No phone inquiries. EOE. Non-tobacco use preferred
Location: Hermitage, PA