Field Service Technician
Job Title: Field Service Technician
This position is located in Le Mars, IA.
This employee is responsible for maintenance of company-owned filling and cartoning equipment located remotely at customer sites. Duties include overseeing machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, and training of customers’ employees. Prior experience with equipment brands such as Osgood, Darifill, Econo corp, ADCO and Tetrapak preferred. Must be willing to travel on a triweekly basis. When not traveling, this employee supports BoDeans’ regular maintenance processes at the Le Mars, IA location.
- Travels to customer sites to repair production equipment and perform scheduled maintenance services
- Orders parts for equipment in the field
- Trains operators and maintenance personnel at customer sites on how to repair, operate, and troubleshoot BoDeans’ equipment
- Provides direct communication with the customer’s management and staff to ensure any and all equipment and product concerns are being addressed.
- When not traveling, provides support for BoDeans regular Maintenance processes by assisting with the following:
- Preparation and set up of machinery for scheduled production runs
- General maintenance duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Orders parts and tools for equipment
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years machine operation experience and/or maintenance experience
- Ability to read, analyze and follow directions
- Must be able to speak, listen, and openly communicate with team members and to actively participate in team meetings
- Ability to apply formulas and mathematical concepts and to use them in product development
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion
- Must be able to:
- Lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on an occasional basis
- Use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
- Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
Complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online. A resume is required for this role.
Location: Le Mars, IA