Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
This position is located in Hermitage, PA. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
Under the direction of the Hermitage Facilities Manager, the Technician is responsible for supporting the maintenance & repair of the facility and support equipment. This position also works closely with Production Maintenance, Quality, Sanitation, and Production personnel to troubleshoot problems while maintaining the efficient production of safe, quality food. The position is primarily daytime hours with required flexibility to complete scheduled and emergency projects that may occur outside of regular daytime/M-F hours in order to support uninterrupted production. Facilities Maintenance Technicians work through production shut-downs.
• Complete preventive maintenance workorders and general repairs for the building and facility support equipment, including but not limited to: bulk ingredient systems, building, rooftop equipment, warehouse, air compressors, generator, trash compactor, truck unloading blowers, and chiller
• Perform routine testing of generators and fire pumps
• Support the installation of new equipment
• Work with vendors to complete repairs in conjunction with the Facilities Manager
• Collaborate with the Facilities Manager, Engineering, and Maintenance Supervisor to refine existing preventive maintenance program and develop new PMs as new equipment is placed
• Work cooperatively with the Hermitage Facilities Manager for large-scale capital projects
• All work must be carried out with the expectation that the employee will, without exception:
• Adhere to all food safety & quality protocol
• Understand and abide by all procedures pertaining to allergen control
• Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Policies (GMPs)
• Identify and accurately report defective materials, food safety hazards, and potential product contaminants
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Required skills may include, but are not limited to: minor electrical work, plumbing, painting, carpentry, metal working, etc.
• Must be able to properly prioritize work responsibilities within assigned work area
• Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences.
• Ability to read, analyze and follow directions
• Must be willing and able to perform work in the following scenarios while following all applicable safety policies, procedures, and regulations:
• Confined spaces
• Extreme heights
• Extreme conditions such as heat, cold, rain, snow
• Must be able to keep accurate records
• Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in team meetings
• Must be able to regularly lift up to 75#, have full use of arms and legs and climb stairs to access all areas of the plant and offices, including roof tops and silos
• Stoop, kneel, climb or squat on a frequent basis
• Possess manual dexterity & use hands to grip, pinch, handle, reach, or feel on a frequent basis
• Stand on a continuous basis and walk on a frequent basis
• Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 10 hours per day
• Must be willing and able to attend safety, food safety, sanitation, and/or leadership trainings as offered/assigned by supervisor
• Infrequent travel may be necessary
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated record of mechanical skills and experience
• HVAC experience preferred
• Relevant trade school certificate or equivalent experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online.
Location: Hermitage, PA