Corporate Procurement Manager
Job Title: Corporate Procurement Manager
This position is located in Hermitage PA. No remote work is available. Please do not apply if you are not in the area, able to commute, or willing to relocate.
Responsible for the procurement of materials and related services required to support the manufacturing of finished products for Joy Baking Group. This position will oversee and execute the vendor management process including sourcing, negotiating, performance analysis, and feedback. This includes a responsibility for quality, timeliness, forecast accuracy, and profitability. This position will work closely with Production, Sales, Quality, and Finance departments as well as senior management, and will oversee procurement department personnel, providing guidance and direction.
• Full responsibility for the Organization’s material sourcing and vendor management programs
• Develop sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials (ingredients and packaging) used in the production of finished products for five production facilities
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, ensuring continuity of supply and that quality and service standards are upheld with compliance to SQF protocols
• Explore opportunities to identify, qualify, and onboard new suppliers to create competitive purchasing market for product categories
• Manage and oversee RFQ’s for commodities and materials, analyze bids and develop recommendations to present to senior management
• Evaluate category spend and conduct cost analysis seeking improvement and enhancement of programs
• Work with senior management and Finance department to develop cost risk mitigation/management strategies
• Monitor commodity markets, and communicate outlooks, trends, and opportunities to senior management, Finance department, and Sales department
• Supervise Procurement department staff, delegating tasks while providing guidance and direction on purchasing strategies
• Participate in go to market product development and execution, working with Sales, Quality and Production departments
• Maintain working knowledge of food industry quality assurance and food labeling standards, including FDA, Health Canada, and any other pertinent regulatory agencies
• Strong ability to effectively analyze and present complex information
• Must be able to speak, listen and openly communicate with team members and actively participate in and effectively lead team/department meetings and initiatives
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
• Involves extensive computer systems/software operation and regular use of office equipment
• Position is essentially sedentary but must have ability to regularly climb stairs and access all areas of the office and plant
• Periodic travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or a related field of study or equivalent, or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience purchasing in a manufacturing/food manufacturing setting preferred
• APICS certifications (CPIM or CSCP) is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional people skills and ability to work with personnel in a variety of disciplines
• Leadership experience in managing or supervising
Complete the fields at the bottom of the page to submit your application online. A resume is required for this role.
Location: Hermitage, PA